City of Farley's Water & Sewer

Water & Sewer

The City of Farley provides its citizens with municipal water & sewer services.

Water is provided from a combination of three wells serving two 250,000 gallon water towers.

See the annual Water Quality Report for the City of Farley.

Sanitary sewer services are provided to each home and business within the Farley city limits. A new wastewater treatment plant came online in 2005.

Utility Billing Procedures
The City of Farley bills for water, sewer, and at some locations, refuse and recycling collection. You will need to contact either Alliant Energy or Maquoketa Valley Electric Coop for electricity and Black Hills Energy for gas. There are a number of providers of phone, internet, and television service; please click here for a list.

Utility bills are printed and mailed on the last business day of every month and due on the 15th of the next month. If the 15th falls on a weekend or City-observed holiday, the due date will be extended to the next business day. if payment is not received by the due date, the City charges a 10% penalty and will mail you a delinquent notice. Payments are due by 10AM on the date noted in the delinquent notice to avoid further penalties. if you wish to request a payment arrangement, you must do so before 10AM on the date noted in the delinquent notice. if payment has not been received by 10AM on that date, or a payment arrangement has not already been requested, the City will post a 24-hour notice on your door and charge a $15 fee. if payment is not received by Noon on the date noted on the notice, services will be disconnected until the bill is paid in full, including all late and delinquent fees plus the $25 reconnection fee.

The City of Farley is NOT responsible for US Mail delivery. Failure to receive bill notices does not excuse payment.

Payments can be made inside City Hall during regular business hours. A drop box is fastened to the railing outside of City Hall for payments outside of regular business hours. Credit and debit card payments are also accepted in the office, over the phone, and online. The service charges associated with a card payment do not go to the City of Farley and the City of Farley does not set nor approve the fee structure.

We also offer ACH payment, with automatic withdraw on the 15th of every month. If interested, click here to print the sign-up form.

Utility services will continue to be billed until you give notice to City Hall to discontinue services.

If your property will be temporarily vacant, you can click here to temporarily change your utility service status and here to request the security checks by our Police Department.

Sign Up for City Services
To sign up for City services, please complete and return this form with a copy of your photo ID. If you are renting, we also require a $150 security deposit. This deposit will be held on your account until you move out, at which time the deposit will be applied to your final bill with the balance being refunded to you.

Sign Up for ACH to Pay Your City Utilities

City of Farley | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2023 Intrado Corporation.